When it comes to motherhood, everyone has a unique approach to how they balance everything on their plate. T.J.Maxx recognizes that it’s less about perfection, and more about making it work for you and your family, any way you choose to. This Mother’s Day, Tamera Mowry shared with us how she makes it work as a mom and some of her mom secrets.
In partnership with T.J.Maxx, Tamera is encouraging moms to draw back the curtain on what motherhood actually looks like starting our #MaxxMoms movement on social media. Below are some details on how Tamera chooses to Maxx motherhood and a candid image of what that looks like. You can follow her on Instagram, too! Be sure to join in the movement and share with others what it is like to be a mom #MaxxMoms! Happy Mother’s Day!
1. What is the best part about being a mom?
Learning so much about yourself and becoming a better person through raising a child. Every day is different and a new lesson.
2. What is your secret trick to motherhood?
Patience, unconditional love and do what works for you. Everyone will always have advice for you but you always have to do what works for you and your family. That’s most important!
3. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day to do everything YOU need/want to do… how do you “make it work” in these situations?
I try to give myself at least 30 minutes to myself. This way I get to do one of those things every day even if it is not for as long as I would like. I mean I’d love to get in a workout at the gym every day but there’s just no way that would happen but if I can find 30 minutes to myself, I can get creative at home. That’s why I’m so excited to celebrate the many ways moms everywhere make it work for them and their families with T.J.Maxx
4. What are those moments as a mom that are most important to you? Is there a certain daily or weekly ritual or activity you do with your kids / family that you couldn’t live without?
I love putting Aden down for bed and reading a book to him. This is either before a nap or to go to sleep at night. It’s very important to me and it’s our special time together just the two of us. I make a point to do it at least one time a day if I’m around.
5. Name a few must-have items that you couldn’t live without as a mom
Lots of organization tools: a good toy box filled with toys, good organization for toys in the bath, a great diaper bag with compartments for the essentials like clothes, wipes, toys, and an emergency kit. Also, a coloring book and crayons always goes a long way. TJ Maxx is a one-stop shop for all of this. They have everything any mom would need!
6. What advice would you give to a first time mom?
We as women were built for this. You just need to follow your gut most of the time, because it naturally comes from within.
7. Finish this sentence: when it comes to being a mom, I admit that:
I break the rules J I don’t follow all the conventional rules but the way I do it, works for us.
8. What is something you didn’t expect about being a mom?
That every day is a new day. It’s never the same. Once you think you’ve got everything figured out, it all changes!