It’s my favorite time of year! Autumn’s has arrived, cooler temperatures and falling leaves won’t be far behind. Each year to fully celebrate the season, I love to explore local fall attractions with my family. On our radar this year is Glen Ray’s Corn Maze.
Located at 1750 W 8000 S in Spanish Fork,Utah, they are directly east of I15 exit #253. You will see the signs right along the road, leading you to a festive family venue perfect for creating fun memories. They open tomorrow, September 23rd until October 29th, for their corn maze and pumpkin patch, with the Field of Fright haunted maze, for older audiences that like the spookier side of Halloween, opening September 29th. They are open Monday through Thursday 4-9 pm, Friday 4pm-11pm and Saturday 11am-11pm.
Some history about the farm:
“Just a little history about Glen Ray’s Corn Maze. Some have asked, “Why Glen Ray’s Corn Maze?” Our corn maze was named after my Grandpa, Glen Ray Larsen.
Grandpa Glen, with his baby-blue cattle truck and “EET BEEF” license plate, was an icon in the Leland area, a small community just west of Spanish Fork, and the Larsen family has farmed in this area for over 150 years.
His life’s motto was, “It’s better to wear out than to rust out.” and he worked on the farm until his dying day.
He, with his supportive, loving wife Genevieve, were major supporters of agriculture and spent a large part of their life advocating for farmers and ranchers in Utah.
When our Grandpa Glen was alive and able, he would plant rows and rows of sweet corn and then get up at dawn to sneak bags of corn onto his neighbor’s porches while trying not to get caught. He lovingly became known as the “Corn Fairy” to his neighbors and friends around the Leland area, so it was only fitting that the corn fairy should live on as a part of the corn maze. You will see the Corn Fairy popping up here and there around the maze, including 10 Corn Fairies hiding in the corn maze. Find them all and you all get a treat!
We are excited to keep our grandparent’s memory alive and “introduce” them to so many new friends. This event has been a labor of love for our family.”
The All-Access Corn Maze Pass includes unlimited trips through their corn maze and pumpkin patch, access to the courtyard area with giant slides, games, corn pit, bale pyramid, unlimited Kiddie Corral access cow train rides, and more. Children ages 2 and under are free!
Saturdays in October are special theme days! You know I’m all about the Harry Potter themed day on October 8th!
You’re a Wizard! – October 8th, 2022
- Start your spellbinding journey at Diagon Alley where your wand will find you. You will stop by for your Charms book to have wands ready throughout the night. Jump onto the Hogwarts express as you are transported from platform 9 3/4 to Hogwarts, where the sorting hat awaits to announce your house. Sneak into the nearby all-wizard village of Hogsmeade for a sip of butterbeer. Get ready to tackle the maze with Harry and Cedric. Maybe you will be declared the winner of the Tri-Wizard Tournament but make sure to avoid an encounter with he who should not be named.
Royalty/ Superhero Day – October 15th, 2022
- 11am-3pm Princess and Superhero Meet N’ Greet
An invitation awaits all princesses.
- A magical Cinderella Carriage sits within the pumpkin patch where princesses big and small can meet Cinderella and some of her royal friends. No royalty is complete without a crown, and guests can choose to decorate their own with the help of their favorite princesses (Small fee for supplies). The one-on-one moment with Cinderella is the highlight as your little princess is crowned in Cinderella’s carriage.
11am-1pm Elsa and Moana
1pm-3pm Ariel and Mirabel
Calling all superheroes!
Announcing the search for a new superhero team! Unite with Spiderman and Captain America as they train our next-generation heroes. Our team will go through an interactive obstacle course and practice as Spiderman and Captain America encourage them to test their super skills! Superheroes can also choose to decorate a superhero mask with the superheroes (small fee applies).
11am-3pm Captain America and Superman
Thank a Farmer Day! – October 23rd
- Glen Ray’s Corn Maze is a working family farm that is transformed each year! Farming may be considered one of the oldest professions because “We’ve all gotta eat.” Our guests are walking through a pumpkin patch with 50 different varieties of pumpkins, alfalfa that feeds livestock, interacting with chickens, goats, and so much more.
Thank a Farmer day was designed to help us remember where our food comes from. Guests will interact in our Farm School, where they get to have a hands-on experience learning how a pumpkin seed becomes a Halloween pumpkin, practicing milking a cow, and much more. Little ones love our imaginative farm play area and getting a glimpse into Glen Ray’s very own farm life. Check out our on-site modern John Deere display provided by Stotz Equipment and go back-in-time by visiting an antique tractor display of John Deere through the years.
Halloween Bash October 29th
- 12pm-1pm – Trick or Treating through the Corn Maze
- Pumpkin Decorating throughout the day
-Carnival Games 11am-2pm
- 8pm – 11pm Field of Fright
The Halloween Bash is fun for all ages with our country fair and scare night. Your little ones will need to figure out the trick of the maze to find their treat. We will be calling all munchkins to decorate pumpkins for our pumpkin contest. Ready to turn back time to an old fashioned country fair? Step right up for our cotton candy, popcorn, and old-fashioned carnival games. As evening creeps over the Field of Fright you might find it a horror or delight. Final night of the Field of Fright starts at dark!
To get in on this fun while it lasts, visit their website and purchase your own tickets for an All-Access Pass, Season Passes, Date Nights, and of course, Field of Fright! Be sure to use code GlenRays10 for a special 10% discount on your entire online ticket order!
One very lucky Mommy Avenger reader is going to win a set of 4 All Access Passes to visit Glen Rays Corn Maze! To enter, follow them on their Facebook and Instagram pages and then email me at email@example.com to tell me you followed them and why you would like to win! No purchase necessary. Winner will be notified by email on or about October 1st, 2022, at which time this giveaway will close. Good luck!